What is the process for obtaining a Florida Medical Marijuana certification?
Dr. Baijnath will review your condition and determine if you qualify under Florida State Medical Marijuana Law.
- If you do qualify, then you will be registered into the medical marijuana registry and given step by step instruction on uploading required documents to the state registry. Once you receive your medical marijuana card you will be able to order products from the dispensaries.
- In order to qualify for Medical Marijuana Certification in Florida, we will need to review medical records supporting your qualifying condition. Your medical records do not have to be available at the time of your appointment.
How do I know if I qualify for Medical Marijuana in Florida?
According to Florida Medical Marijuana law, in order to qualify for medical marijuana certification in Florida, you must have a diagnosis with one of the following medical conditions:
- Chronic Pain
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hepatitis C (active form)
- Seizure Disorders
- Severe Muscle Spasms (Including MS)
- Severe Nausea
Will insurance cover my appointment and evaluation?
In certain rare cases your initial consultation may be covered by insurance but likely will not be. Please call our office for more information.
What if I don’t have the correct medical records for the visit?
Not a problem. During the visit our providers will identify what records we need. We will provide you with a Medical Record Release form to sign and we will send it to the appropriate providers.
What if I don’t have medical records because I do not see medical providers?
We will evaluate your condition during the initial visit and provide you with a specific individualized plan. This may involve conservative, conventional and integrative therapies such as physical therapy, manipulation, medicines, supplements, or a consultation with another medical provider. After completing the required conventional evaluation and/or treatment, we will reassess your eligibility for a medical marijuana certification.
Where do I obtain Medical Marijuana In Florida?
Certified patients who have a Florida State Issued Picture ID can only obtain cannabis products from a medical marijuana dispensary.
What to expect during your consultation
1. Dr. Baijnath will determine if you have a qualifying condition.
2. If you have a qualifying condition, you will then be registered in the Medical Marijuana Registry.
3. You will receive your P NUMBER along with the application to mail to the state.
4. The initial consultation fee is $169.
5. 6-month follow-up visit is $169.
What is the application process like?
1. You will submit your application along with a $75 money order, passport photo and proof of residency to the state.
2. You will receive an EMAIL from the State saying that you are approved (4-6 weeks) this will serve as your temporary ID Card. You will receive your physical card in the mail within 2 weeks of the email.
3. You can use your temporary card to order products from the dispensary.
How do I get my medication?
1. Dr. Baijnath will enter a 60-day supply of medication on your first visit.
2. We will automatically refill your prescription 2 times before your next visit.
3. If the medication is not working and you need to make changes, you need to make an appointment.
4. Please email us if you have questions regarding your refill. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I have to renew my medical marijuana card?
• It is required by the state of Florida to renew your id card at least 35 days before the expiration date on your id card every year.
• Do not renew your card before 60 days before the expiration date on your card, the Marijuana State Registry will consider it a duplicate and reject the application and assess a $35 fee when re-submitting your paperwork.
• The renewal fee is $75.
How do I take medical marijuana?
1. Medical Marijuana is available in Inhalation and oral products.
2. Inhalation (vapes) quick onset and will last 3-4 hours.
3. Orals – tinctures and capsules, takes effect in 1-2 hours and last 5-8 hours.
How often do I need to see the doctor?
You will need to be seen by Dr. Baijnath every 6 months for follow visit.